Thursday, January 18, 2007

 

Resolutions

We're mid-way through January, a time when most people are breaking their New Year's resolutions, and I have given nary a thought to coming up with one. I figure, if there's something you want to do, why wait until some special date to resolve to do it? Just do it. (Sorry, Nike.) There are some goals I'd like to meet during the year, but I don't see them as resolutions that I must absolutely get done. They're just part of the overall list of goals I've set to reach before I die. (Did I mention that I plan to live to be in my nineties? When I first decided I'd make it to my nineties, I thought 92 would be a good age. Every year since then, the age creeps up. There's too much living to do and not enough time to do it. I'm thinking 97 sounds pretty good.)

My biggest goal for the year is to finish a book project that's been three years in the works. I'd also like to knit a pair of socks, which is something I thought would be nice to do last year, but it didn't happen. Unlike typical New Year's resolutions, did I drop the goal completely? Heck no! I carried it forward. I'm also willing to let the goal evolve to encompass a reasonable facsimile of the original goal. See, I live by the notion that you've got to give the Universe a little leeway in helping you to live your dreams. A little wiggle room. So, I might not get to a pair of socks, but I'll be plenty happy if I can knit a pair of mittens or fingerless gloves.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?