Friday, January 12, 2007

 

FtTP - Dave Matthews Band + Tainted Love

While writing, I like to listen to music. So, I was listening to Soft Cell's Tainted Love today and thought of the most unlikely Frankensteining the Talent Pool combination. I'd like to hear the Masters of Complication, Dave Matthews Band, play Tainted Love, just to see what they'd do with it, especially seeing as how they don't use synthesizers. Could they dial it down a notch and do some creative instrumental substitution? Could they bring themselves to play a candy-pop song? I wonder . . . .

January 13, 2007 - Addendum: I heard Tainted Love playing in Wal-Mart last night. They played the whole version, not the truncated one. You know, if DMB were to perform this, with Dave's growly voice, the song would become dangerous, rather than sultry. Just my opinion.

Labels: , , , , ,


|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?