Saturday, October 21, 2006

 

FtTP - Say Goodbye + Very

This Frankensteining the Talent Pool is about two songs that are soul mates. The first of these to make its way into my consciousness was "Say Goodbye" by the Dave Matthews Band. It's on their album Crash.

A sampling of the lyrics:

So here we are tonight, you and me together
The storm outside, the fire is bright
And in your eyes I see what's on my mind
You've got me wild turned around inside

The other song is "Very" by Moby, from his Hotel album. The song is sung by Laura Dawn, who has a voice so hot it could melt iron.

A sample of the lyrics:

Now, we will make it, just you, you and me
Soon, we will take it, just you, you and me
Hey, it's cold out there, so come inside
Hey, it's warm in here, so come inside

As soon as I heard "Very," I wanted to hear it blended with "Say Goodbye." Laura's voice with Dave's voice would be an interesting contrast, as would the two styles of music. Alas, I am not a musician, so this mash-up isn't going to occur through any skill of mine. (Plus, there's that thing called copyright that keeps me from going there.)

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?