Sunday, August 12, 2007

 

Hallelujah! Rain!

Overnight, between August 10 and 11, we were treated to a royal pounding - rain! If you remember correctly, my family had been scattered to the four winds. All were off doing various things - Daughter at a book signing, Sons at sleepovers, Husband fishing. The only one I expect home was Hubby. He called at about 9:00 p.m. saying he would be back to town for a couple more hours. I cleaned and did other household type things. While I was running from room-to-room, I stepped into our dark bedroom and saw a flash through the window - lightning. Pretty soon, I could hardly believe my ears - rain pitter-pattering on the roof. Glory be! But that was not the end. I went to bed. Hubby still wasn't home and I was getting worried. I half fell asleep, then woke at 12:30 a.m. Still no husband, but plenty of lightning, thunder and rain. I hoped that Hubby had taken a key because I wasn't sure I'd hear him if he pounded on the door. He was home by 1:30-ish, key in hand. It was still raining. I woke again at 3:30 a.m. and peeked out. The rain was coming in sheets. By morning it was gone, but it was good while it lasted.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?