Thursday, June 21, 2007

 

A Birthday Meme

Kim at Knit Whimsies tagged me with another meme. This one is a birthday meme. To fulfill the meme, you go to Wikipedia and type in your birth month and day and list, on your blog (if you have one) or in the comments (if you don't), three events that happened on your birthday, two people born that day (besides you!), and one holiday celebrated that day.

My answers are below, but first I'm tagging O.W., A.K., Rianna (all without blogs), Reeva Dubois and Kevin at Copyrightings, although he might be on vacation.

On my birthday, October 11 -

Events: (Yes, I can count. I added a fourth.)

1582 - Due to the implementation of the Gregorian calendar, this day does not exist in this year in Italy, Poland, Portugal and Spain.

1809 - Along the Natchez Trace in Tennessee, explorer Meriwether Lewis dies under mysterious circumstances at an inn called Grinder's Stand.

1899 - Second Boer War begins: In South Africa, a war between the United Kingdom and the Boers of the Transvaal and Orange Free State erupts.

1987 - March on Washington for Lesbian and Gay Rights attracts an estimated 200,000 people to protest the Bowers v. Hardwick decision and the U.S. government's handling of the AIDSNAMES Project AIDS Memorial Quilt.

People born on October 11:

1884 - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States (d. 1962)

1926 - Thich Nhat Hanh, religious leader

There were no holidays listed on Wikipedia for my birthday, however, I can tell you that sometimes Columbus Day falls on my birthday and I believe it is also National Coming Out Day.

What a fun meme!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?