Sunday, May 20, 2007

 

Stumbleupon & Writing

Do you ever get bored with the internet? I do. It's all stuff all the time. Overwhelming really. So overwhelming, in fact, that I tend to get into ruts and look at the same sorts of things all the time. When the itch of boredom gets to me, I start flailing around looking for new blogs or aggregation sites to read. While checking out Pi's blog, I stumbled upon Stumbleupon and did a wee bit of a search. When I don't know what topic to search, I default to Dave Matthews Band, just to see who else has this interest. If this doesn't net me anything interesting, and it often doesn't, I look for writing sites. Stumbleupon had a nice selection of those, which I present to you here:

There's an essay by Kurt Vonnegut on How to Write with Style . . .

Paul Brians' Common Errors in English, which links to a page of errors for reference (lay & lie are always tripping me up) . . .

One Sentence: True stories, told in one sentence (you can submit your own) . . .

and One Word, which is a site that gives you a word and you have 60 seconds to write about it. Good for shutting off the critic and getting down to the business of writing.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?