Wednesday, April 11, 2007

 

Milk Transfer Station - Pouf!

When I was driving home from work today, I was surprised by an emptiness I didn't expect to see. The milk transfer station, a smallish white building used to hold milk between deliveries located on the northwest corner of our block, was gone - pouf! It was there yesterday. Not so today. There was a bulldozer on the lot, along with a tiny pile of garbage. Strange thing was that the station sat up on a high cement block platform. That's gone too. Now, I can see straight through from my upstairs hall window to a metal shed in the next street. It's a metal shed I rather like, not that the milk transfer station was an eyesore, I just like the metal shed better. Isn't it strange how quickly something that seems so permanent can disappear?

Labels: , , , ,


|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?