Saturday, April 21, 2007

 

Alec "Holy Crap" Baldwin

I'm sure by now you've heard about Alec Baldwin's over-the-top rant at his eleven-year-old daughter. Here's my two-cent's worth. It doesn't matter how much of a bitch Kim Basinger is being, this was Alec's daughter, not the ex he was speaking to. An eleven-year-old can simply forget about the time and not be dissing her dad on purpose. But, if Alec speaks to his daughter like this all of the time, and who's to say he doesn't, why would she want to make herself available for that? I've seen two situations on a personal level where a nasty parent habitually laces into a child on the phone and the child decides it's not worth the abuse. Kim is being blamed for releasing the audio of Alec's rant to the media, and that may not have been the best thing to do, especially if she was court-ordered not to, but I think it's about time parents get called out when they are being particularly nasty to their children. A healthy adult wouldn't put up with this behavior. Why does society allow people to do this to children?

If Alec had had his head on straight, and had not taken out his rage at his ex on his daughter, he could have said something like this: "I'm disappointed in you, darling. I've taken time off to speak to you and you're not available. While this is your choice and it hurts, I'm not going to force you to talk to me. I'll be always available if you should want to call me, but the ball's in your court now." Which message would you have been more likely to respond to?

Labels: , , , , ,


|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?