Tuesday, January 23, 2007

 

Windows

Last night, I had a writers group meeting. Great fun. We spend lots of time laughing.

During last night's meeting, we did a writing exercise that was intended to make us think more deeply about how to use props in our writing. Fiction writers often use props (everyday items) to convey deeper meaning in a piece in a way that isn't slap-your-face obvious. The exercise was to spend five minutes riffing about the prop of our choice. I chose a window as my prop and this is the first thing that came to mind:

They say windows are the eyes of the soul, but what about frosted windows?

Another sentence later, I realized my mistake & blushed inside with stupidity. I started over.

Labels: , , , , ,


|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?