Monday, November 13, 2006

 

Putting Stuff Away

Have you ever labored and labored over a project, finished that project, didn't know what to do with it, and finally put it away? Happens to me all the time. I'm forever making stuff, or writing stuff, and putting it away. I'm fairly well organized, so I know where most of my stuff is, but, for some reason, it can be ages and ages before I see an art piece or an essay or a short story I've created.

I was sorting through my fabric bucket (big raspberry pink Sterilite container with a lid) looking for fabric to make a draft-blocker for the backdoor and ran across a bunch of embroidered wall hangings I made some time ago. As I pulled each piece from the bucket, my daughter expressed an interest in having them all. Hands off, girlie! They're mine, and, dang!, they're much better looking than I thought they were when I finished them. Not bad at all. They make me feel disembodied. It's as though elves made them and put them into my bucket and I get to claim them as my own. The quality surprises me, it does.

Does this ever happen to you?

I'm going to hang up a couple so I can enjoy what the elves have wrought.

Labels: , , , , , ,


|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?