Monday, November 06, 2006

 

Hanging a Fixture

I just finished hanging a light fixture, with the help of my husband. It was supposed to be a surprise for my husband. I was going to try to have it done by the time he got home from deer hunting. It didn't work out that way. I went through all the instructions and had a good handle on the project from the beginning, but couldn't get started because I didn't have a stud finder. I needed the stud finder because the fixture is a track light and I wanted the track secured into studs, not drywall. I tried borrowing a stud finder, but the lender couldn't find his. One stinkin' little tool was all that was holding up this project. I believe that Seth Godin would refer to this as "yak shaving." Suffice it to say, I bought a stud finder this morning, my husband returned earlier than expected, and there was no surprise - except that the job went a whole lot easier with his help. Is there a moral to this story? Not really. It just helps to have the right tool for the job - be that a husband or a stud finder.

Labels: , , , , ,


|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?